[Essay] the steam engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Member Type
Student or Learner
im 13, in the seventh grade, and im doing a project, for social studies on steam engines. do you think that my work is acceptable or should i redo this assignment?:?:
:smilecol:

Name: Aziza Kieta Unit: 2

Date: November 16, 2010 Lesson: 12

Course: Social Studies 7 A

The

Steam Engine

The first steam engine was originally created by a Greek scientist named Heron of Alexandria during the first century of A.D. It is said that the steam engine was the most important development of the railroad locomotive. In 1698 the very first commercially useful engine was built by Thomas Savery. Then, during 1711 the steam engine was improved significantly by Thomas Newcomen. Then, a Scottish inventor named James Watt made even more improvements, then he patented his very own steam engine, and for the first time, he properly presented it to the public during 1769.

Mr. Watt was the first man to create and use a condenser, which is a device that is used to convert vapor into liquid. The attempts to make efficient steam engines go back about 2,000 years. Steam engines greatly enabled the industrial revolution. It began with applications for removing water from mines using vacuum engines. Since the 1800’s steam engines have been used for many practical uses such as raising water with only the force of fire, but in the 19th century it was used mainly for cars, trains, boats and other transportation uses.

This is an illustration of a steam engine train.

As the century progressed, the idea of steam powered transportation became more dominant. If it weren’t for the steam engine, people probably would not have created sufficient transportation devices. However, the steam engine also had a negative impact on the environment. If it weren’t for cars and trucks and trains, and lots of those things that we use today, the environment, though it wouldn’t be its best, would be much healthier.

Below are the sites and recourses that were used for this essay:

THE END

birdeen's call

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
im 13, in the seventh grade, and im doing a project, for social studies on steam engines. do you think that my work is acceptable or should i redo this assignment?:?:
However lame it might sound, please, capitalize.

Status
Not open for further replies.