How to write a letter to a school for asking about their scholarships?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
So would the guardians be the ones to secure the place in the school for their... what's the word? Ward?

Or does the ward/guardian-ee do this?

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
The guardians would secure a place for their ward.

devonpham1998

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
The guardians would secure a place for their ward.
Thank you for your useful answer, Mr.Rover!
Well, I really want to study abroad in England. But I don't have any relatives in England. I am finding a host family. Will they be my guardians when I am studying in England, Mr.Rover?

Devon Pham

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
I'm afraid I don't know that.

It will depend on your age and immigration formalities.

devonpham1998

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
I'm afraid I don't know that.

It will depend on your age and immigration formalities.
Well, could you recommend me some good middle schools in England, your country, please?

Johnson_F

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
[FONT=&quot]I think the first thing you need to do is clarify what you actually want, devonpham.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you are hoping to attend a full-time course at a private language school, any reputable school will help you with all the legal formalities, and will also help in finding a host family.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If, however, you are hoping to come and live in England in order to benefit from the free education system, then I suspect that you will find it extremely difficult to obtain a visa. Before you spend too much time selecting a school or finding a host family, it might be a good idea to find out if you will even be allowed to enter the country. You should be able to obtain some information from a British Consulate in your country.[/FONT]

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Thanks for taking this off my hands, Johnson; I was getting out of my depth.

Thanks, too, for increasing the size of your font. These aging eyes can now read your very helpful posts much more easily.

Rover

devonpham1998

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
[FONT=&quot]I think the first thing you need to do is clarify what you actually want, devonpham.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you are hoping to attend a full-time course at a private language school, any reputable school will help you with all the legal formalities, and will also help in finding a host family.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If, however, you are hoping to come and live in England in order to benefit from the free education system, then I suspect that you will find it extremely difficult to obtain a visa. Before you spend too much time selecting a school or finding a host family, it might be a good idea to find out if you will even be allowed to enter the country. You should be able to obtain some information from a British Consulate in your country.[/FONT]
Dear Mr.Johnson,
I think I choose the second way. Well, I don't have much money to enter a private school in England. (I've taken a look at some England's private school's websites and the fees were...unbelievable!) Can you tell me more details about the visa to England or how I can be allowed to enter the country?
Thanks.

Devon

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Can you tell me more details about the visa to England or how I can be allowed to enter the country?
You need to ask a British Consulate for the latest accurate information.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
I googled 'British Embassy Vietnam'.

Rover