• Post Thanks / Like

Tudor, stucco, rhododendrons

hello

I have a list of elements. I don't know what the elements of the list are describing.

I sat on the porch and looked across at the Buckley house as I had done so many times before Tudor, stucco, rhododendrons and a perennial garden fading fast, losing its pinks and white and blues, nursery colors."
    "Tudor" and "stucco" are describing the Buckley house.
    What element are "rhododendrons", "perennial garden fading fast" and "losing its pinks and white and blues, nursery colors" describing?

Thank you very much.

SmilingTeapot

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tudor, stucco, rhododendrons

I went to my search engine, typed in tudor and stucco, and came up with the following sites:

http://www.homeplans.com/exec/action...t/hsme/seTLtud

http://architecture.about.com/librar...oss-stucco.htm

'rhododendrons' are flowers, and 'perennial' refers to flowers and plants that grow all year-round. Try searching online for photos. Also, why not try an online dictionary, say Dictionary.com?

All the best,

• Post Thanks / Like

Hello Casiopea,

Please, let me rephrase my question.
    I sat on the porch and looked across at the Buckley house as I had done so many times before Tudor, stucco, rhododendrons and a perennial garden fading fast, losing ITS pinks and white and blues, nursery colors."
    I have a list of elements. The first 2 elements, "Tudor" and "stucco," refer to the Buckley house. What do the rest of the elements refer to? Do they also refer to the Buckley house? I don't see anything else they can be describing. What does the word "ITS" refer to? Does the word "ITS" refer to the perennial garden?

Isn't strange that the list starts to describe the house and then changes the subject of its description?

Thank you very much,

SmilingTeapot
    Last edited by SmilingTeapot; 18-Jul-2005 at 08:37.

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SmilingTeapot
    Hello Casiopea,

Please, let me rephrase my question.

I have a list of elements. The first 2 elements, "Tudor" and "stucco," refer to the Buckley house. What do the rest of the elements refer to? Do they also refer to the Buckley house? What does the word "ITS" refer to? Does the word "ITS" refer to the perennial garden?

Thank you very much,

SmilingTeapot

I sat on the porch and looked across at the Buckley house as I had done so many times before Tudor, stucco, rhododendrons and a perennial garden fading fast, losing its pinks and white and blues, nursery colors."

Well, rhododendrons must be around the house then. Rhodos are not considered perennials...they are evergreens.

its refers to the garden. The colors refer to the perennial flowers that are fading. It's not specified, though, what perennials she/he is talking about.
    Perennials bloom once a year for a number of years - like tulips for example.

• Post Thanks / Like

It all describes the house and what's around it, I think.

• Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I see. Sorry.

The house across the street is . . .

"Tudor [in style], [with] stucco [siding], [and it has] rhododendron [flowers] (in front of the house/around the house) and a perennial garden [in front of the house] fading fast, [the garden] losing its pinks and white and blues, nursery colors."