• Native Language:
      • Russian
      • Home Country:
      • Ukraine
      • Current Location:
      • Ukraine

some controversial points

Hello,
    One of my students composed this letter, but I am not sure about some points:

Dear Sebastian,

I am writing to you to give my opinion of (maybe _ ABOUT)the different places that I have written (I think - have taken) notes about. I have found three places in England where we can stay for a few months.
    The first one is The Lion Hotel. To be frank with you, as for me (I think either TO BE FRANK or AS FOR MR should be dropped) this place is the most suitable, even if it is more expensive. But we should decide (I am not sure about DECIDE at all.) this together.
    To my mind, Mrs Evans (the landlady) shouldn’t (I think - MUSTN'T) be a strict person – she didn’t seem like that when we were talking on the phone – that’s why I think we won’t have any problems with her.
    And the last variant (I think OPTION) is the student flats.

So, could you tell me your thoughts about all that as soon as possible? I am looking forward to your answer.

Sincerely yours,

The student is a very hard-working and very honest girl. Just wanted to help her improve her English. I have not posted the entire letter, as the rest of he mistakes are easy to explain.

Thank you in advance.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

Re: some controversial points

Quote Originally Posted by vectra View Post
    Hello,
    One of my students composed this letter, but I am not sure about some points:

Dear Sebastian,

I am writing to you to give my opinion of (maybe _ ABOUT) "of" is fine the different places that I have written (I think - have taken) "written" is fine notes about. I have found three places in England where we can stay for a few months.
    The first one is The Lion Hotel. To be frank with you, as for me (I think either TO BE FRANK or AS FOR MR should be dropped) I agree this place is the most suitable, even if it is more expensive. But we should decide (I am not sure about DECIDE at all.) "decide" is fine this together.
    To my mind, Mrs Evans (the landlady) shouldn’t (I think - MUSTN'T) "shouldn't" is fine be a strict person – she didn’t seem like that when we were talking on the phone – that’s why I think we won’t have any problems with her.
    And the last variant (I think OPTION) is the student flats.

So, could you tell me your thoughts about all that as soon as possible? I am looking forward to your answer.

Sincerely yours,

The student is a very hard-working and very honest girl. Just wanted to help her improve her English. I have not posted the entire letter, as the rest of he mistakes are easy to explain.

Thank you in advance.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Russian
      • Home Country:
      • Ukraine
      • Current Location:
      • Ukraine

Re: some controversial points

Hello,
    Thans a lot for your comments.

Yours,