Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
Sudan
Current Location
UK
Hi,
I've been accepted for a celta course in Stanton School and Languagelink. If there are any ex-students who have studied there-please let me know your views on their resources, staff etc.

Ulybin

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
UK
I've studied at Stanton School of English, the staff is competent, very heplful and very friendly, there's no problem with coursebooks or access to the photocopier.
On the downside, there are only three computers for CELTA students, so it's a good idea to bring your laptop if you want to write your lesson plans or assignments during a lunch break - and you WILL want to spend every spare minute of the third week of intensive course writing your plans and assignments. Also, there's only one copy of each of theory books (Learner English, The Practice of English Language Teaching etc.) - so you'll probably want to buy them or download .pdf versions (legally available in online libraries and easy to find through google).
You might be teaching a large group of students (up to 22), but there are also small groups (of about 8 students).
Generally speaking, they provide you with necessary resources and facilities, but the main advantage of this school are GREAT tutors. I think it's a good choice, I would advise this school to anyone. :)

jai1

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
Sudan
Current Location
UK
Thanks for replying Ulybin. I was struggling to make a decision, but think I am almost there. Was the photocopying free? Is it possible to study in the library or do they have specific closing times?
So where have you ended up now? Has your CELTA served you well? I hope so:)

Ulybin

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
UK
I just finished 2 weeks ago, didn't even receive my certificate yet. :)

Photocopying is free. There is a room for CELTA students where you can study and use computers and a printer. It gets a bit crowded at lunchbreak. IIRC, the school is open until 7 (CELTA lessons run until 6).

jai1

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
Sudan
Current Location
UK
Congratulations! You are so lucky, but I am sure you've earned it. Guess you can get some sleep now:) Thanks for getting back to me. So worried about this course-need to brush up my grammar real quick.

Princess Buttercup

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
England
Hiya,

I did my CELTA course with Language Link back in April. I found them to be very supportive and the cost of the course was comparable, and in some cases better than other language schools. The course itself is very full on, but which ever school you choose will be a similar experience.

Hope this helps. If you need any other advice, or have any questions please let me know.

Cheers!

Niki

jai1

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
Sudan
Current Location
UK
Hi Niki,
Just saw your post. Thanks for replying. I finally made a decision on Stanton College. It was a tough call as they both appeared to be good schools- but I went with my gut instinct. Just hope I don't live to regret it-as CELTA sounds pretty tough!

Johnson_F

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Just hope I don't live to regret it-as CELTA sounds pretty tough!
If you are prepared in advance for it to be tough, then you are better prepared than some people who embark on the course. Good luck.

jai1

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
Sudan
Current Location
UK
Thanks Johnson. Just getting to grips with my grammar-those tenses really tense me up!:-D

jai1

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
Sudan
Current Location
UK
Also, there's only one copy of each of theory books (Learner English, The Practice of English Language Teaching etc.) - so you'll probably want to buy them or download .pdf versions (legally available in online libraries and easy to find through google).
Hi Ulybin. Just wanted to know the names of the authors of the books you mentioned above.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.