Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Hello again. I go on transcribing the words of the movie to make the subtitles. This time I've found a conversation lasting 20 seconds in which one of the men seems drunk or tongue-tied, so I have a lot of problems to understand what he is saying. I think it's something about vitamins (I guessed the words "vitamins D and E", "water", "guys around here" but I didn't catch the meaning of it all, so I am stuck again. Will you help me listening to the audio file and transcribing all the words? Thanks.

Attachments

• SentenceHsmall.mp3
    367.7 KB · Views: 12

Jay Louise

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hello again. I go on transcribing the words of the movie to make the subtitles. This time I've found a conversation lasting 20 seconds in which one of the men seems drunk or tongue-tied, so I have a lot of problems to understand what he is saying. I think it's something about vitamins (I guessed the words "vitamins D and E", "water", "guys around here" but I didn't catch the meaning of it all, so I am stuck again. Will you help me listening to the audio file and transcribing all the words? Thanks.

I don't think he's drunk, maybe from the New York area. The way he says "ahtha" for arthur and "ahon" for iron.

This is what I came up with for the dialog:

Man 1: Oh quit supposing will ya. You’re beginning to sound like some of these guys around here.
Guy in background I can’t make out. Calling for Mike maybe?
NY guy: Now don’t be that way. You’re right Arthur. He’s crazy. C’mon Arthur, we’ll make some vitamins.
Guy: I’m not Arthur.
NYguy: Nah, I know it. But they don’t know it. You take 2 pints water, 1 pint ketchup, vitamins D and E, for iron.

gamboler

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Thanks a lot, Jay Louise!

And I hope that not all New Yorkers have that strange accent, because it is very difficult to understand for someone whose native language is not English.

Any suggestion for the words of the guy in the background? I'm sure he is not calling for Mike because there isn't a guy called Mike in the movie. Could it be "Martin"? As a clue, I will add that he is asking a friend not to leave after an argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.