"I'm a cock magnet.Shoot me." What's the meaning of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

on the way

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
When I was watching a British TV series "Miranda ",I came across a line as mentioned in the title .I couldn't make sense of it. Please help me.
By the way I have two more questions also in connection with this TV series.
1. After Miranda makes a cock-up (She falls onto floor clumsily when she is trying to convince her friend Stevie that she is indeed feminine),she gets back on her feet and says[FONT=宋体]“[/FONT] It’s all about the recovery ,isn't it" ,apparently as a sort of covering up of her embarrassment .So what does this sentence mean? I did some checking and found that "all about" is something like "for the reason of ", but I still can't comprehend it in this context. So please help me to understand.
[FONT=宋体]2. When one of Miranda's old friend learns that Miranda is still single at the age of 35, she exclaims, “Hideloa”,apparently expressing sympathy. What does this word mean here? I only learned that it’s a title of a film. So please help me with it.[/FONT]

Brita

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
I think this refers to this person attracting men, cock is slang for penis. :oops: Thus a "cock magnet" is someone who attracts men!:oops: Shoot me is more an American expression, sorry cant help there. Ps Best use this term with friends only.:)

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Shoot me- this sounds like she is saying she can't help attracting men, so don't expect her to change or do anything about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.