Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Czech
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Hello guys. I need help with this last transcription, this time it´s Southern American accent. It´s really hard for me to catch some words.. So could you please write here what is that old guy saying from 1:10 to 1:35? Starting "I was scared to death ..." and ending "... what do you mean, sonny?".

I hear this so far: I was scared to death. About that time, my brother Frank came down in the south of the house, what is basicaly ---- front yard and dropped the bicycle and said.. u know.. whats goin on?? -----. And so Mr.... said: Your brother has ----- im honna give him a weapon..... And so my brother Frank said: No Sir , He said What do you mean sonny?
Thanks a lot!

Link: http://rapidshare.com/files/435709513/T5_Neighborhood_gangs.mp3

Last edited:

thatone

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
I was scared to death. About that time, my brother Frank came down the [STRIKE]south[/STRIKE] side (not sure though) of the house, [STRIKE]what is basicaly[/STRIKE] on his bicycle and skidded into the front yard and dropped the bicycle and said.. u know.. whats going on?? And so Mr Almond(?) said: Your brother has laid open my son's head and I'm gonna give him a [STRIKE]weapon[/STRIKE] whipping..... And so my brother Frank said "No Sir" , He said "What do you mean sonny? "

Ok, this was a tough nut to crack.
I slowed down the whole thing with an audio editor and the the thing is more clear now.
You can download the part in question here:
Untitled.aif

EDIT:
Aaaand here's where the audio is from A Rock Thrower Appreciates His Fearless Brother : NPR

And here's the transcript A Rock Thrower Appreciates His Fearless Brother : NPR

Last edited:

jamescz

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Czech
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Hello thatone. Thank you so much for this ;-) I can´t believe i´ve heard so bad.. Have a nice day!

Status
Not open for further replies.