Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
I was surprised to see the punchline of this joke. I thought it wasn't the natural way to say that. Wouldn't "I'll tell it to you slowly" be better?

Johnson_F

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
And if I were politically correct (which I am not) I would rebuke you for providing a link to a joke that suggests that Poles might not be too quick on the uptake. ;-)

And if I were a Roman Catholic (which ...) I would rebuke you for providing a link to a joke that suggests that the Pope might not be too quick on the uptake.:);-)

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
And if I were politically correct (which I am not) I would rebuke you for providing a link to a joke that suggests that Poles might not be too quick on the uptake. ;-)

And if I were a Roman Catholic (which ...) I would rebuke you for providing a link to a joke that suggests that the Pope might not be too quick on the uptake.:);-)
And if I were mischievous, I would point out of the flaw in telling the Pope about the two Polish priests, when the whole world already knows about it.

Johnson_F

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
I was surprised to see the punchline of this joke. I thought it wasn't the natural way to say that. Wouldn't "I'll tell it to you slowly" be better?
Sorry, Birdeen's Call. I got carried away with my own (lack of) wit, The answer to your original question is: yes. As Raymott already wrote, "much (better)"

Status
Not open for further replies.