Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Slovak
Home Country
Slovak Republic
Current Location
Slovak Republic
It's my first thread here so hello everybody! :)

Please check and correct my short summary. There are some mistakes I guess. It is not a typical thesis - it's a kind of documentation of a project which I did, so I use words like documentantion, instruction, tutorial.

----------
Summary

Thesis describes implementation of a secure computer network based on public key infrastructure using Microsoft Windows OS.

The first chapter of the documentation is an introduction to the issues which were implemented in the project. The issues are presented in order which they are discussed later on in the thesis. Also, there are users requirements introduced to the reader. When describing the project assumptions, where necessary, solutions are distinguished for a test and production environment.

The next section describes in detail the installation and configuration procedures which met project requirements. White papers are carried out in points often enhanced with screenshots and drawings. For reader convenience, for each tutorial there are additional sections provided: section of prerequisite requirements that must be met to proceed and section of obtained artifacts which describe the achievements resulting from the implementation of instructions given.

There are maintenance white papers in the next chapter. They contain valuable guidance for management, troubleshooting and network administration in a real environment. In addtion, they describe backup of roles and services which are used earlier. Chapter is coupled with another one, which is a knowledge base about system restoration detailing the specific roles and services.

The last chapter is devoted to end-users. It is a separate manual which should be available for every worker who use network in enterprise. It is richly illustrated and written in accessible language for people not related to the IT sector.

Richard1

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
It's my first thread here so hello everybody! :)

Please check and correct my short summary. There are some mistakes I guess. It is not a typical thesis - it's a kind of documentation of a project which I did, so I use words like documentantion, instruction, tutorial.

----------
Summary

Thesis describes implementation of a secure computer network based on public key infrastructure using Microsoft Windows OS.

The first chapter of the documentation is an introduction to the issues which were implemented in the project. The issues are presented in order which they are discussed later on in the thesis. Also, there are users requirements introduced to the reader. When describing the project assumptions, where necessary, solutions are distinguished for a test and production environment.

The next section describes in detail the installation and configuration procedures which met project requirements. White papers are carried out in points often enhanced with screenshots and drawings. For reader convenience, for each tutorial there are additional sections provided: section of prerequisite requirements that must be met to proceed and section of obtained artifacts which describe the achievements resulting from the implementation of instructions given.

There are maintenance white papers in the next chapter. They contain valuable guidance for management, troubleshooting and network administration in a real environment. In addtion, they describe backup of roles and services which are used earlier. Chapter is coupled with another one, which is a knowledge base about system restoration detailing the specific roles and services.

The last chapter is devoted to end-users. It is a separate manual which should be available for every worker who use network in enterprise. It is richly illustrated and written in accessible language for people not related to the IT sector.

Hi,

The first chapter of the documentation is an introduction to the issues which were implemented in the project. The issues are presented in the order in which they are discussed later [STRIKE]on [/STRIKE]in the thesis. [STRIKE]Also, there are[/STRIKE] In addition users requirements are introduced to the reader. When describing the project assumptions, where necessary, solutions are distinguished for a test and production environment.

The next section describes in detail the installation and configuration procedures which met project requirements. White papers are carried out in points often enhanced with screenshots and drawings. For reader convenience, [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE]in each tutorial [STRIKE]there are[/STRIKE] additional sectionsare provided: a section of prerequisite requirements that must be met before [STRIKE]to [/STRIKE]proceeding and a section of obtained artifacts which describes the achievements resulting from the implementation of instructions given.

There are maintenance white papers in the next chapter. They contain valuable guidance for management, troubleshooting and network administration in a real environment. In addition, they describe backup of roles and services which are used earlier. Chapter ?? is coupled with another one, which is a knowledge base about system restoration detailing the specific roles and services.

The last chapter is devoted to end-users. It is a separate manual which should be available for every worker who uses a network in an enterprise. It is richly illustrated and written in accessible language for people not related to the IT sector.

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Slovak
Home Country
Slovak Republic
Current Location
Slovak Republic
Hello again,

Chapter ?? is coupled with another one, which is a knowledge base about system restoration detailing the specific roles and services.

I mean - This chapter is coupled with another ...

Thank you for correcting mistakes! :) But are the sentences stylistically correct? I mean, did i use proper word order and vocabluary everwhere or these sentences sound unnatural? And is the 1st paragraph correct? (you don't include it in your post ;) )

Last edited:

Richard1

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Hi,

The sentences didn't come across as stylistically correct and sounded unnatural in the places that I edited.

The first para. reads OK.

Rgds

Status
Not open for further replies.