• Native Language:
      • Turkish
      • Home Country:
      • Turkey
      • Current Location:
      • United States

[Dictation Issues] Need hlep, please.

Video: YouTube - (1/5)Hunting Nazi Scientists

(00:00)In the final months of world war two, elite groups of allied agents and commandos infiltrated Germany. Their top secret missions were to hunt down Hitler's most advanced weapons and the scientists who built them.

----------------
    (00:16)(?)We were looking for Himmler. We were looking for Hitler.(?) We were looking for strictly people of intelligence interest.

(00:24)As the Allied beat back the Nazis, they fear Hitler might retaliate with one final desperate ____(?) revenge.
    ----------------

(00:35)Their intelligence reports suggested that Nazi scientists were building the ultimate weapon of mass destruction.

----------------
    (00:42)That was urgent because. If Hitler had had the bomb we would all speak German today probably.

=============

Dear teachers,
    I tried to write down the complete transcript of this episode.
    But there are some spots where I cannot pickup their speeches from the video even I have tried very hard already.
    Can some one help me clear away those fuzzy spots to me?
    The blue time stamps or the segments surrounded by blue (?)s mean I have difficulties there. Thank you very much.

Regards,
    Discovery
    Last edited by discovery2010; 13-Dec-2010 at 04:00.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

Re: [Dictation Issues] Need hlep, please.

00:16 you are correct.
    00:24 "one final desperate act of revenge"

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Turkish
      • Home Country:
      • Turkey
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Quote Originally Posted by jlinger View Post
    00:16 you are correct.
    00:24 "one final desperate act of revenge"

Hi, jlinger:

There are some more. Could you help me finish them up? Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by discovery2010; 13-Dec-2010 at 19:37.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England

Quote Originally Posted by discovery2010 View Post
    (00:16)(?)We weren't looking for Himmler. We weren't looking for Hitler.(?) We were looking for strictly people of intelligence interest.

(00:24)As the Allied beat back the Nazis, they fear Hitler might retaliate with one final desperate __act of __(?) revenge.

(00:35)Their intelligence reports suggested that Nazi scientists were building the ultimate weapon of mass destruction.

(00:42)That was urgent because. If Hitler had had the bomb we would all be speaking German today probably.
    Johnson

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Turkish
      • Home Country:
      • Turkey
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Thank you, Johnson.

Could you or some one else help me correct my dictation notes?
    I reckon I missed about 5% of the narrator's speeches. But most of my problems are from those interviewees.
    I wish I can get supports from here to clear away those mysterious spots to me to get better understanding of this episode.

Thank you again.
    ===========

==========
    the same video: YouTube - (1/5)Hunting Down Nazi Scientists

(03:41)Arriving in America they brought the alarming news that Germany is working on an atomic bomb. The warning prompted the Pentagon to launch its own bomb program. The effort was code named for Manhattan project.

(03:57)The whole project was built on fear. We had Manhattan project was actually built because we were afraid. And if the fear had become a reality, it would have destroyed the US.

(4:20)Robert Furman was working at the Pentagon when he was recruited to coordinate a parallel(?) top secret mission. He and his team of special agents were to go behind enemy lines to locate and shut down Hitler's nuclear program.

(04:37)Their key target was Werner Heisenberg, leading German physicist, head of the Nazi atomic bomb project. The mission code named Alsos required highly-trained agents to flush out Heisenberg, uncover the German bomb facility.

(04:57)Marte Previti was one of those agents.

?(05:00)When those photographs was published in 1947, they blocked out my face because I was special agent in counterintelligence (?)_______ __________ _________ (?).

(05:13)To free up their movements in the war zone, agents carries special passes granted the highest level of security clearance.

(05:21)Purpose of visit and investigating intelligence targets, removal of documents, equipment or personnel.

(05:32)That was my authorization to do whatever I needed to do. Capture people or whatever. The passes would prove invaluable, allowing the agents to travel beyond the Allied front lines.