can we mix going to and will in one sentence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ostap77

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
"It sure is going to set a good example for your employees to follow and you will be more pleasant to work with." Possible?

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
"It sure is going to set a good example for your employees to follow and you will be more pleasant to work with." Possible?
Yes, it's possible.

ostap77

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
Yes, it's possible.

How about these?

"We are moving to a new house not far from you. We are going to be seeing a lot each other and going to go back from school together."

OR

"They've reduced the price. I'm going to buy this book that will help me perform better during classes."

Can we start with "going to" show the intention and then go on with "will" to deliver information?

"I'm going to go to a super market and I will get pizza and some ready mixed salads. When I'm done buying stuff, I'll drive to a gas station to get my car my filled up"?

Last edited:

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
How about these?

"We are moving to a new house not far from you. We are going to be seeing a lot of each other and we'll be able to travel back from school together."

OR

"They've reduced the price. I'm going to buy this book, it will help me perform better in class."

Can we start with "going to" show the intention and then go on with "will" to deliver information?

"I'm going to go to a super market and I will get pizza and some ready mixed salads. When I've finished buying stuff, I'll drive to a gas station to get my car my filled up"?

Status
Not open for further replies.