• Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Egypt
      • Current Location:
      • Egypt

slimming

What is the meaning of "slimin’" in the folowing context:

"I like to see the slimin’. I like the after party with all the ice cream and candy at the after party."

That was said by "Rihanna" in an interview.

I would be grateful if I got any reference.

Thanks a lot.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

Re: slimming

Quote Originally Posted by maiabulela View Post
    What is the meaning of "slimin’" in the folowing context:

"I like to see the slimin’. I like the after party with all the ice cream and candy at the after party."

That was said by "Rihanna" in an interview.

I would be grateful if I got any reference.

Thanks a lot.
    The word “slimmin’” (pronounced with the short “i”) is “slimming” with the “g” being replaced by the apostrophe. Similarly, the word “slimin’” (the 1st "i" pronounced with the long “i”) is “sliming” with the “g” being replaced by the apostrophe.

“Slimming” as a noun is “the process of or concern with becoming slim or slimmer as by losing weight.” The root word is “slim” which could be an adjective or a verb.</SPAN>
    “Sliming” as a noun means ”covering or smearing with or as if with slime or removing slime from, as fish for canning.” The root is “slime” which could be a noun or a verb.

I don’t know Rihanna or am I familiar with the interview. She might mean she likes the fact that she would work out and lose some weight and look better and in this case “slimin’” is incorrectly spelled. Or she could mean she likes (in a negative sense) to see what bad things people talked about her, i.e. “smear” or “slime” people throw at her. In this sense, "sliming" is correct.

Someone might know the whole story who would be able to clarify for you. Or show us more sentences before & after the ones you quoted.