1. This poll is closed
  • i need help

1 100.00%
  • my english is not good

1 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Smile hello

dear teachers / friends
    Iam middel eastren student .I have been studying english for 11 months but even now i dont know what is the best and fastest way to speak english

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

Re: hello

Eleven months is an extremely short time, Abdul. It takes on average about 700-800 hours of classwork to progress from zero to basic communication in a foreign language.

The best and fastest way is of course to move to an English speaking country, but that may not be possible for you. How are you studying now?

Dear Mister Micawber
    actually ,i studied english in my country for 8 months and really my english improved there ( writting ,speaking .listening ) . I was studying 2 hours aday and really it were enough to understandand speak english . my school in my country was an american and most of teachers there are native .that helped me to speak english .Even one day i got scholarship to study infomation tech in malaysia . They told me in the uni that i will get my degree ,i have to go through english placement test first and i did .THe result was i have to study english for 5 months . Now iam studying advanced level in uni but i could not noticed is my english improved or not actually i realized that my is being worse then befor .so i decided to study and improve my english by my self and i need your help .

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

Well, it sounds to me as if you are doing the right things, Abdul. Perhaps you are just noticing the universal leveling off of the learning curve. Beginners make rapid progress, because everything is new, and what is learned is relatively simple and immediately useful; as learning progresses to more complex forms and more advanced vocabulary, the rate of language acquisition slows. This is a natural progression, however, and as your mind integrates more advanced materials into your language system, you will see overall progress in your ability.

The best technique is still to use the language actively-- find people to talk to, both on and off campus.