• Native Language:
      • Vietnamese
      • Home Country:
      • Vietnam
      • Current Location:
      • Vietnam

will

Hi there,

Could you choose the option for me? and why?

(We'll have/ We'll be going to have) a big banquet in one of the best hotels in Hong Kong. Let me which one you'd like and (I'll reserve / I'll be going to reserve) that.

tks a lot
    simon

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

Re: will

Quote Originally Posted by simon1234 View Post
    Hi there,

Could you choose the option for me? and why?

(We'll have/ We'll be going to have) a big banquet in one of the best hotels in Hong Kong. Let me which one you'd like and (I'll reserve / I'll be going to reserve) that.

tks a lot
    simon
    The choice is not between "We will" and "We'll be going to". It's "We are going to."
    "I will reserve ..." vs. "I'm going to reserve ..."

Which do you think is the best?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • New Zealand
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

Re: will

Hi Simon.
    I'm probably not the best person on here to explain why, but here is the way I would write these sentences.

"We're going to have a big banquet in one of the best hotels in Hong Kong. Let me know which one you'd like and I'll make a reservation."

I must admit that I'm not sure what you mean by "let me know which one" and I'm assuming you are asking the other person to recommend a hotel. Although your first sentence suggests you have already chosen a hotel, so it's slightly confusing. If you are asking your friend to recommend a good hotel I would write it like this.

"We want to have a big banquet in one of Hong Kong's best hotels. Let me know which one you'd like and I'll make a reservation."