Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
This is my apology letter. Please correct it for me. Thanks!
"Dear Company A

I'm so sorry to inform that I can't take your final Interview. This is my fault and I deeply understand how is your disappointment and how this inconvenience cause. I don't know how I explain it. But there were some things happened and I couldn't work for your company. I think I shouldn't take the final interview because if I take it, I just waste your time.

From the bottom of my heart, I really want to work in AAA Company as your company. And if I have a second chance, definitely, I won't miss it again.

It's not easy to give this decision. Anyway, I did it. So, please cancel the final Interview, too.

Sincerely!"

devonpham1998

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
"Dear Company A

I'm so sorry to inform that I can't take your final Interview. This is my fault and I deeply understand how is your disappointment and how this inconvenience cause. I don't know how I explain it. But there were some things happened and I couldn't work for your company. I think I shouldn't take the final interview because if I take it, I just waste your time.

From the bottom of my heart, I really want to work in AAA Company as your company. And if I have a second chance, definitely, I won't miss it again.

It's not easy to give this decision. Anyway, I did it. So, please cancel the final Interview, too.

Sincerely!"
I think at the end of the letter, you should write:
"Yours sincerely (Sincerely),
Company B (if you're standing for Company B to say the apology) or your full name"
That is my opinion and all my experience to write a formal letter. Well, I'm so sorry that I have no idea whether it is not right.

Devon

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
"Dear Company A

Sincerely!"

At this point, you should know the name of the person you interviewed with, so address it to that person.

Dear Mr. Smith,

It's with deep regret that I am writing to let you know that my situation have changed and I can no longer pursue the position we have discussed. Please accept my sincere apologies and know that this decision was a painful one for me. I was so impressed with Company A and the people I met there, and I hope that there may be an opportunity to pursue other opportunities in the future when the circumstances are right. Thank you very much for considering me for this position, and I hope our paths will cross again in the future.

hai_lua_t2

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
At this point, you should know the name of the person you interviewed with, so address it to that person.

Dear Mr. Smith,

It's with deep regret that I am writing to let you know that my situation have changed and I can no longer pursue the position we have discussed. Please accept my sincere apologies and know that this decision was a painful one for me. I was so impressed with Company A and the people I met there, and I hope that there may be an opportunity to pursue other opportunities in the future when the circumstances are right. Thank you very much for considering me for this position, and I hope our paths will cross again in the future.
Thank you so much. You know I haven't taken the interview, so I can't know the name of interviewer. I just write this letter to inform to them that I can't take the interview. I don't want to waste their time.

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Okay, well you said it was a final interview, which implied that you'd had prior interviews there. You can address it to the recruiter who contacted you to set up the interview in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.