Student or Learner
Could you proofread these 10 short sentences if there are grammatica
errors or broken English?
1. Can I make a reservation for acupuncture treatment next Friday, please?
2. I am sorry, we don't have an opening at that time you want.
3. John! I havenít seen you in ages.
4. You should take good care of your blood pressure.
5. I haven't heard from him since he left for Italy five years ago.
6. I'd like to make an appointment to have a regular check-up, please.
7. Hello, do you have any openings for 3 oíclock?
8. Hey, how did your date go yesterday?
9. Please hold on the line so that I can check a few things.
10. Do you want to reschedule your appointment or cancel it?
Thank you. ^^
Thank you very much guys ^^
In #3, I think, I've mostly been hearing "for ages".
Last edited by vgv8; 25-Dec-2010 at 18:20. Reason: cannot-->can't
It is possible to write "can not", however, under certain conditions.
I can not only see birds.
(I can also see other animals, not only birds.)
Anyway, this is different from the negative version of can.
The other topic:
Don't you see anyone?
Do you not see anyone?
Do not you see anyone?
Won't you see anyone?
Will you not see anyone?
Will not you see anyone?
Can't you see anyone?
Can you not see anyone?
Cannot you see anyone?
Can not you see anyone?
It does not matter whether you say, "Cannot..." or "Can not...".
Both versions are wrong.
Whenever you start a sentence with an auxiliary verb, you have to put the subject before the not.