Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
United States
I wish to prepare a formal greeting message (about 3-4 sentences) to my colleagues wishing health and success at work in the forthcoming year. Could you please suggest me some sentences which are somehow charming and creative.

Thank you in advance :)

riquecohen

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
Brazil
I wish to prepare a formal greeting message (about 3-4 sentences) to my colleagues wishing health and success at work in the forthcoming year. Could you please suggest me some sentences which are somehow charming and creative.

Thank you in advance :)
Welcome to the Forum, etrader.
It would be a good idea for you to compose the message and post it here. Someone will be happy to comment on it. IMO, charming and formal in the context of a Christmas or New Year greeting are mutually exclusive.

etrader

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
United States
Thank you for your warm welcome. I am thinking of something like

Dear Colleague,

I wish you a merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I wish you and your family a healthy, fruitful and prosperous year full of success.

This is just a raw idea :)

Ouisch

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Unless you know for sure that all of your colleagues are Christian and celebrate Christmas, it's better to keep your message more generic, like:

I wish you and your family all the best this holiday season, with hopes for a healthy and prosperous 2011!

etrader

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
United States
Unless you know for sure that all of your colleagues are Christian and celebrate Christmas, it's better to keep your message more generic, like:

I wish you and your family all the best this holiday season, with hopes for a healthy and prosperous 2011!

Thanks for noting this important point. Do you have any idea to expand this message longer than one single sentence? :up:

Ouisch

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
How about:

I wanted to take a moment to wish you and your family all the best this holiday season. I hope we will all enjoy a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year!

Status
Not open for further replies.