• Native Language:
      • German
      • Home Country:
      • Germany
      • Current Location:
      • Spain

• Post Thanks / Like

Help with proofreading

Last edited by mastent; 09-Jan-2011 at 10:59.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help with proofreading

Quote Originally Posted by mastent View Post
    Could somebody please help me and check my covering letter. I think it is not bad but there might be better expressions to say what I want to say. Thank you so much.

I am writing to express my great interest in applying for the job as XY. Due to the fact that I worked in a similar position before, I believe my qualifications match your requirements perfectly. Impressed by your innovative and exciting company, I would like to take an active part in your expanding organisation.

I graduated with a XC degree in chemistry, which is comparable to a Bachelor of Science degree. The focus of my final year of studies was on biotechnology. Since graduation in 1997 I have acquired ten years of hands-on experience in various research and industrial settings. The scope of scientific activities covers protein purification, bio-analytics and molecular biology.

My most recent position was at XV, where I enjoyed working in downstream process development for six years. XV is a company dedicated to the discovery and development of novel vaccines and has a background and goals similar to those at XW. I was responsible for the development, optimization and characterization of protein purification processes. I demonstrated my skills and expanded my knowledge in clarification and protein chromatography techniques, bioanalytical methods and process scale-up. In order to provide the necessary quantity and quality of product candidates for clinical trials, I planned and conducted production campaigns under GMP conditions. In addition to writing lab reports, I established procedures and prepared documents for production, equipment and qualification. Concluding, I have substantial experience in dealing with the issues and challenges of downstream process development.

I am convinced that my professional background will help me to embrace a new and exciting challenge in vaccine development. For me, team spirit is a crucial element of success, and I like working and thinking in a multi-cultural environment. I have taken every available opportunity to travel extensively. This passion has taught me to be flexible and open-minded, and has strengthened my social skills and personal confidence.

Please find enclosed my CV, diploma and job references. Thank you for considering my application. I look forward to hearing from you.
    It looks good to me.