Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
The Internet has changed the very idea of interaction between teachers and students.
If in the past interaction between teachers and students was formal, nowadays the Internet and social networks have changed the very idea of interaction between them. On the Internet students and teachers are becoming virtual “friends”. Interaction between teachers and students on the Internet has become informal. On the Internet students may speak with their teachers informally, instead of using the formal language they use to a teacher in real life.
Social networks allow their users to look through the private information, photos, personal content on free access. As a result, students may receive an information about their teacher which would never be shared in a classroom setting. So I think that Internet is not the best way of making friends with your teacher.

orangeparser

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Hi, I am a learner myself. Here are a few remarks of mine.

The Internet has changed the very idea of interaction between teachers and students.
If in the past interaction between teachers and students was formal, nowadays the Internet and social networks have changed the very idea of interaction between them. On the Internet students and teachers are becoming virtual “friends”. Interaction between teachers and students on the Internet has become informal. On the Internet students may speak with their teachers informally, instead of using the formal language they use to a teacher in real life. (Is that always so?)
Social networks allow their users to look through the private information, photos, personal content [STRIKE]on free access[/STRIKE]. As a result, students may receive [STRIKE]an[/STRIKE] information about their teacher which would never be shared in a classroom setting. So I think that the Internet is not the best way of making friends with your teacher. (Why do you think that? How does your conclusion relate to what you stated earlier?)

Killjoy

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Hi! And what do you think of this question:
Do you think that computers and the Internet have changed the very idea of interaction between teachers and students? Justify your answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.