Argentina
Current Location
Argentina
THE TASK:

"INTERNATIONAL BOOKSHOP REQUIRES SUMMER STAFF"
-Do you like reading books?
-Do you speak English?
-Do you have any useful experience?
Apply to the manager, Mrs Benson, saying why you think you are siutable for a job in our international bookshop.

My ANSWER:
Dear Mrs Benson,

I am writing to apply for the position of bookseller which I saw advertised in a newspaper.

I believe I have all the necessary skills and qualifications for this post as I already have two years’ experience working in a bookshop. I am currently preparing for the Cambridge First Certificate in English Examination and I am able to carry out most day-to-day tasks in English.

In addition, I am hard-working and responsible. I am computer literate and I enjoy reading books. I would like the opportunity to work for an International Bookshop because this job would offer me more experience in this professional field and would be a great opportunity for me to improve my speaking and conversational skills.

I would be happy to attend an interview at a time convenient to you. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require any further information.
I hope to hear from you in the near future.

Yours sincerely

Daniel,

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
That is excellent, Daniel.

Just delete 'an' before 'International Bookshop'.

Rover

Richard1

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
That is excellent, Daniel.

Just delete 'an' before 'International Bookshop'.

Rover

Hi,

That assumes 'International Bookshop' is the name of the bookshop. I had read it the other way and that this is a bookshop which sells books which originate from all countries across the world. In which case 'an' would be appropriate.

Regards

daniel2011

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Argentina
Current Location
Argentina
THANKS SO MUCH!

Status