• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Russian
      • Home Country:
      • Georgia
      • Current Location:
      • Georgia

My translation

Could you please correct this part of my translation too?
    'I just did her a favor.'
    You are suspected of a crime with burglary, as the money had disappeared and you were the last to see Nick and Laura alive.
    The results of the examinations showed the time of the death and it coinsides with your being in their house.' Jack was standing silently with wide-open eyes looking at the detective. He wasn't able to realize at once what he had been just accused of.
    'On the handle of the penknife we found your finger- prints.
    Jack do you hear me?'
    He was arrested. He had nothing to add besides that he had already said. He just helped a woman, gave her a lift and then brought her home. And that's all. He had seen no money. He did his best to remember everything in details. He told the detective everything step by step.
    'Just try to remember everything, each detal.'
    'Well, I came to the house. The woman was standing by the fire. She threw white gloves to the fire.'

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England

Re: My translation

"I just did her a favor."
    "You are suspected of a crime with burglary, as the money had disappeared and you were the last to see Nick and Laura alive.
    "The results of the autopsy showed the time of the death and it coincides with your being in their house."
    Jack was standing silently with wide-open eyes, looking at the detective. He wasn't able to take in at first what he had just been accused of.
    "On the handle of the penknife we found your fingerprints. Jack, do you hear me?"
    He was arrested. He had nothing to add to what he had already said. He just helped a woman, gave her a lift and then took her home. And that's all. He had seen no money. He did his best to remember every detail. He told the detective everything step by step.
    "Just try to remember everything. . . each detail."
    "Well, I went into the house. The woman was standing by the fire. She threw a pair of white gloves onto the fire."

Use double inverted commas as you seem to be writing for AE speakers.

Rover