• Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Great Britain

• Post Thanks / Like

can someone please proof read this Toungue'n Cheek piece please

So just what should happen to Londonís Olympic stadium after the closing ceremony in 2012? I thought this place was intended to be the Wembley stadium of Athletics, designed to inspire British track and field athletes for generations to come. Obviously that is not what many people want it to be, as it seems the stadium is almost certain to become the new home of one of two current premiership football teams. I think it should remain an Olympic stadium with the ability to host grand prix athletics and encouraged to generate income in other ways; the way in which Wembley stadium has to. Pop concerts, speedway, 20/20 cricket competitions,welcome the NFLís American Footballers and whatever happened toí Billy Graham.í I have a dream! Sorry, that was Martin Luther King wasnít it?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: can someone please proof read this Toungue'n Cheek piece please

So just what should happen to London’s Olympic Stadium after the closing ceremony in 2012? I thought this place was intended to be the Wembley Stadium of athletics, designed to inspire British track and field athletes for generations to come.

Obviously that is not what many people want it to be, as it seems the stadium is almost certain to become the new home of one of two current Premier League football teams. I think it should remain an Olympic a multi-purpose* stadium with the ability to host grand prix athletics and be able to generate income in other ways, the way in which Wembley Stadium does: pop concerts, speedway, 20/20 cricket competitions,welcome the NFL’s American Footballers (and whatever happened to Billy Graham?)

I have a dream! Sorry, that was Martin Luther King, wasn’t it?

* It can only be an Olympic stadium whilst the Olympic Games are in progress.

Rover
    Last edited by Rover_KE; 22-Jan-2011 at 23:56.