• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • South Korea

meaning

Here is an extract from a manuel and I am not sure what the underlined means exactly, so please help me out with what it really means.

-This product provides calcium, potassium, and strontium in aragonite ratios, enhanced magnesium (relative to the aragonite ratios).

Does the underlined mean that this product has the same amount or level of calcium, potassium and strontium as those of aragonite. As to enhanced magnesium, this product has the similar amount or level to aragonite.

Anybody helps me out with this to get a clear understanding of above underlined.

Thanks in advance.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: meaning

I'm not a chemist, but I gather that while calcite is the main form of calcium carbonate, it can become aragonite in certain conditions. The proportion of calcite to other things (I don't know what - it may vary according to context - ask a chemist) in a sample is the aragonite ratio. This might help (but don't ask me to explain it ):

http://www.water-land.co.uk/SD%20article%207.pdf

b

Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Germany

Re: meaning

The carbonate minerals aragonite and calcite have exactly the same chemical composition and are composed of only calcium and carbonate. The two forms differ only in how the two ions pack in the crystal. The so called "Aragonite ratio" refers to the percentage of calcium carbonate ions that pack as aragonite relative to those packed as calcite. Aragonite does not contain significant amount of potassium, strontium or magnesium. If they are present, they are trace amount of impurities in the aragonite crystal. With this background, you can see that your manual has been written or translated poorly, and not even a chemist could understand it . Perhaps more information about this "product" would help us decipher its language.