Student or Learner
Native Language
Japanese
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Japan
Hello,

I am writing an essay and I need a little bit of help.

This is basically what I want to say.

Researching thoroughly and knowing your target audience is equally important as the familiarity of the subject you are writing about.

But, this is not how I want to phrase.

I have two sentences below that I came up with. I think (1) is grammatically correct and (2) incorrect. My question is how can I fix (2), using “as equally important as ~” and also not using the word “imperative” ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Taka

(1) Equally important as the familiarity of the subject you are writing about, researching thoroughly and knowing your target audience is also imperative.

(2) As equally important as the familiarity of the subject you are writing about is
researching thoroughly and knowing your target audience.

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
Hello,

I am writing an essay and I need a little bit of help.

This is basically what I want to say.

Researching thoroughly and knowing your target audience is equally important as the familiarity of the subject you are writing about.

But, this is not how I want to phrase.

I have two sentences below that I came up with. I think (1) is grammatically correct and (2) incorrect. My question is how can I fix (2), using “as equally important as ~” and also not using the word “imperative” ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Taka

(1) Equally important as the familiarity of the subject you are writing about, researching thoroughly and knowing your target audience is also imperative.

(2) As equally important as the familiarity of the subject you are writing about is
researching thoroughly and knowing your target audience.
Welcome to the forums; "as equally important as" is incorrect, you can say "as important as" or "equally important".

boys in blue

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Japanese
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Japan
Thank you, sir.

So...

As important as the familiarity of the subject you are writing about is
researching ~.

Is this grammatically correct? I wasn't sure more about "As ~ as is ~" is not
the right structure and I felt it is a weird sentence.

Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.