Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Algeria
Current Location
Algeria
Hello
i have filled an application and sent it via email and days later , i have received " this is an unclassified email''
what does it mean , does it concern security , or it means that they havent accepted my email....?
plz i really need to undrestand it , it is really important for me.
thanks in advance

azcl

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
***Not a teacher***

Hello Saddouda,

It's very difficult to guess without a bit more detail.

Was your application to a company who deal with classified data? What else was written in the email response?

My guess would be that 'this is an unclassified email' refers to the email response sent to you, informing you that the response is not classified (some defence organisations will write this kind of thing on any publication they make that is not classified).

I may be wrong about this assumption. If you would like to post the contents of the response (assuming that it does not only say 'this is an unclassified email'), it may be possible to be more certain about what it means.

Ade

saddouda

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Algeria
Current Location
Algeria
hello
thanks for ur answer
and the application was for a training leadership "competition " if i can call it so, we just fill in papers with information about us , and write two essays about social problem and our career goals and how can leadership training help us achieve our career goals......and the ones who will be accepted , they will go to the USA for 5 months , 4 months receiving leadership training and 1 week to visit some parts if am not wrong
and the response was just like that
:"received , thanks
this email is unclassified"
that is all i have received.

azcl

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
***Not a teacher***

The fact that the email had 'received, thanks' in it suggests to me that they have received your application. I would understand 'This email is unclassified' as meaning that it has no government security classification.

Having said that, if it is very important to you (which I assume it is), it may be worth confirming that they have indeed received and are processing your application.

Good luck!

Ade

euncu

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
Hello
i have filled an application and sent it via email and days later , i have received " this is an unclassified email''
what does it mean , does it concern security , or it means that they havent accepted my email....?
plz i really need to undrestand it , it is really important for me.
thanks in advance

saddouda, if you don't get rid of this ugly (at least it is regarded as on these forums by most members) texting style, you'll probably get fewer answers than you have expected. So, some suggestions concerning the style;

I have filled an application and sent it via email and days later, I have received "This is an unclassified email.''
What does it mean ? Does it concern security or it means that they haven't accepted my email ?
Please, I really need to understand it. It is really important for me.
Thanks in advance.

saddouda

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Algeria
Current Location
Algeria
Oh, thank you so much for your answer , I have sent an email to the embassy and I will see what they have to say -if they answer me-
And thanks for correcting my mistakes, I have always had problems with punctuation.

Status
Not open for further replies.