Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Kazakhstan
Current Location
Kazakhstan
Hello everybody

That is my first article at your forum, I need your helf so much, and hope, you can help me!!

"Modal verbs in technical texts" is the theme of my graduation work, and I just want to know, may be you can advise me some web sites, where I can find this information?

Also I need in the teacher advice, what must I write in my work? The problem is that there is not so much information in internrt!! I've found just about modal verbs on the whole, so, may be I can use this information in introduction?

I hope, you'll help me!!

I'm sorry if I've made a mistake and choose wrong section of your forum.
Pleeeeeeease don't expel me!! Just moove me into another section if it possible!!

Sincerely yourth
Kseniya

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Hello everybody

That is my first article at your forum, I need your helf so much, and hope, you can help me!!

"Modal verbs in technical texts" is the theme of my graduation work, and I just want to know, may be you can advise me some web sites, where I can find this information?
The internet is probably overrated as a source for academic research. Does your university library have subscriptions to linguistic journals? This is where you'll get the most relevant information.

Also I need in the teacher advice, what must I write in my work? The problem is that there is not so much information in internrt!! I've found just about modal verbs on the whole, so, may be I can use this information in introduction?
I would doubt it. If you're writing on modal verbs in technical texts, your markers will assume you have a grasp of modal verbs per se, and basic facts about modals don't belong in your introduction - though you could start with a summary of some of the basic differences between technical texts and other literature, and then focus on the modal verb differences as a specific example.

I hope, you'll help me!!

I'm sorry if I've made a mistake and choose wrong section of your forum.
Pleeeeeeease don't expel me!! Just moove me into another section if it possible!!

Sincerely yourth
Kseniya
Of course, you always have the option of doing some primary research, that is, read technical texts and other texts and come to your own conclusions about the respective use of modal verbs in each.

Ksushka

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Kazakhstan
Current Location
Kazakhstan
Thank you, Raymott! To start with differences between the tehnical and other types of texts wil be perfect!! And what about the information, I haven't got enought in my college :-(/ Of course, we have library but its very poor, and consist only of the dictionaries, and elementary English grammar books. But there are not information which I need.
Thank yiu for your attention, I try to find something else

Status
Not open for further replies.