Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Hello,

I have a few questions about the sentence below:

[FONT=&quot]Trimble's Surveying Solutions offer complete, integrated, end-to-end systems for the lifecycle of your project.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

1) What does "end-to-end systems" mean here?
2) What is "surveying"? Is it connected with the observation of something or it has to do with geodesy (land surveying)?

Thanks

SoothingDave

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
1. I imagine that "end-to-end" means that they sell you everything you need to get the job done.

2. I don't know. You are the one looking them up on the web. Are you looking for land surveyors or what? Without more detail, I can't answer what they mean exactly.

milan2003_07

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
1. I imagine that "end-to-end" means that they sell you everything you need to get the job done.

If so, what the difference between "end-to-end" and "integrated"? They are both present in the phrase.

2. I don't know. You are the one looking them up on the web. Are you looking for land surveyors or what? Without more detail, I can't answer what they mean exactly.

Here is the link: Trimble - Survey - Controller and Field Software

I need to know what they mean by surveying.

SoothingDave

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
If so, what the difference between "end-to-end" and "integrated"? They are both present in the phrase.

Here is the link: Trimble - Survey - Controller and Field Software

I need to know what they mean by surveying.

End to end means they supply you everything you need. Integrated means it all works together. One would hope that a supplier of everything would make it all work together!

They seem to be offering a variety of "surveying" services. Not just drawing property boundaries based on maps, but also being able to scan and capture surfaces. Read what they say under "Applications" listed on the left side of the page.

milan2003_07

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
They seem to be offering a variety of "surveying" services. Not just drawing property boundaries based on maps, but also being able to scan and capture surfaces. Read what they say under "Applications" listed on the left side of the page.

So "surveying" means "connected with geodesy and measurements" in order to specify boundaries of something and have them obtained in a more accurate way? What do you mean by "scan and capture surfaces"? I think maps do this as well or you're speaking about relief (valleys, plains, mountains, canyons, ravines, etc)?

SoothingDave

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Read what they say under "Applications" listed on the left side of the page.

milan2003_07

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
I've read, but still a bit hard to understand. Please give me synonyms for "surveying" in the original sentence:

Trimble's Surveying Solutions offer complete, integrated, end-to-end systems for the lifecycle of your project.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.