Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I'm needing a word or words to be used in the following sentence:

Regarding reading or viewing of material that degrades or demeans other people. Such as:

Decent people should be ashamed to accomodate, associate with, be a part of, sponsor, etc. an outlet that slanders good people.

Your help is appreciated.
Roger C. Viers, CPA
Wise, VA

azcl

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
***Not a teacher***

Hi Roger,

Decent people should be ashamed to accomodate, associate with, be a part of, sponsor, etc. an outlet that slanders good people.

All the suggestions you give above seem acceptable to me. They have different meanings, and you will need to choose the one that is most appropriate to what you are trying to say.

So I am not sure of the precise meaning you are trying to convey (as all your examples seem ok), but I think including something about the products may help. For example:

"Decent people should be ashamed to be associated with products distributed by an outlet that slanders good people"
or
"Decent people should be ashamed to enjoy products distributed by an outlet that slanders good people"
or a little more wordy:
"Decent people should be ashamed to be consumers of products distributed by an outlet that slanders good people."

Do any of these get nearer to what you are trying to say? If not, would you please be a bit more specific about what exactly you are trying to say.

Thanks
Ade

Status
Not open for further replies.