Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
1. This is for someone spacial,you see. 2. this is for someone spacial, which you see. 3. you see this is for someone spacial. all of the sentences above are correct or not and which one is more useful.

Allen165

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Switzerland
1. This is for someone spacial,you see. 2. this is for someone spacial, which you see. 3. you see this is for someone spacial. all of the sentences above are correct or not and which one is more useful.

NOT A TEACHER.

Assuming that you mean "special," I'd say that the first two sentences are correct, while the third lacks a comma after "see."

This is for someone special, you see = You are explaining to someone that "this" is for a special individual

This is for someone special, which you see = Again, you're explaining to someone that "this" is for a special individual, and the person you're explaining it to sees (i.e., understands) this

You see, this is for someone special = See no. 1 (Maybe there should be a "semicolon" after "see," although I doubt it because I think "You see" is an interjection.)

The second sentence is somewhat unlikely to be said/written, and it has a different meaning from the other two.

apex2000

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Wales
No 2 is incorrect; we would not say that.

Allen165

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Switzerland
No 2 is incorrect; we would not say that.

I disagree. Consider this example: "This is for someone special, which you realize." I don't think you would call that incorrect. One could construe "see" as meaning "realize" or "understand," like when someone is explaining something to you and you say, "Oh, yeah, I see."

Sure, "This is for someone special, which you see" is unlikely to be uttered, but that doesn't make it incorrect.

apex2000

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Wales
The question concerned - this is for someone special, which you see - which does not make sense in that context. We would never say that.
What we would say is more like - this is for someone special, you know/understand - or - this is for someone special, as you know/ whom you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.