• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Bengali; Bangla
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

• Post Thanks / Like

I do not understand adjective clauses, please read the sentences and explain it

"I shall give a prize to such a boy of the school who will be able to complete the work" is the sentence above correct? in many grammar books it is written that the pronoun places after the noun that it qualifies in adjectives clauses. But here the pronoun is placed after "the school" and is not placed after "a boy". i do not understand it clearly. please could you explain it grammatically?
    Last edited by indranil; 03-Feb-2011 at 11:40.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Czech Republic

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: please help me

Quote Originally Posted by indranil View Post
    "I shall give a prize to such a boy of the school who will be able to complete the work" is the sentence above correct? in many grammar books it is written that the pronoun places after the noun that it qualifies. But here the pronoun is placed after "the school" and is not placed after "a boy". i do not understand it clearly. please could you explain it grammatically?
    Indranil, you have been asked before:

Please try to give your thread a more helpful title, so that members don't have to open it to find out what it is about.

If you cannot be bothered to give a clue in your title, I cannot be bothered to think about an answer.