Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
[FONT=&quot]There are many different way a student could use plagiarism, for example copying work for any source, claiming work that doesn’t belong to you and resubmitting graded assignments for multiple classes. You can avoid plagiarism by not coping from books, when taking a test don’t look at others peoples papers, [/FONT][FONT=&quot]do not copy and paste into assignments without using quotation marks and citing. If you use [/FONT][FONT=&quot]plagiarism there are many different consequences. For one plagiarism is dishonesty. You could get a reduction on your grade assignment, you could get a no credit on the assignment, you could get a failing grade for the course and worst of all you could get a dismissal from the college.[/FONT]

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
resubmitting graded assignments for multiple classes.
Are you sure this is an example of plagerizing?

when taking a test don’t look at others peoples papers
Are you sure this is considered plagerizing? Seems like old fashioned cheating to me, unless you are copying large passages at a time.

The opening suggests it is going to be "Useful ways to plagerize." Perhaps you could start by saying "Plagerizing can occur several ways, but it's easy to avoid committing this offense."

You don't define the concept, which is a better way to start yet. Can you define it in your own words?

You have a few run-on sentences and grammatical errors. Most importantly, instructions on how to cite properly will be the most help. There are few people who don't realize that copying off the test of the person next to them is wrong. More people might not understand how to cite works and legitimately use the words of others.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Are you sure this is an example of plagerizing?
Is that the correct spelling in AmE, or have you joined my typophiliac's club?

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I'm fluent in typo.

Plagiarize
Plagiarize
Plagiarize

If I write it enough times, I might get it right.
Plagiarize

Status
Not open for further replies.