Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
UK
Hi,

I want to say I learn new things from work everyday, and am also ambitious to go beyond from what I have established at every stages challenges come towards me,

Learns new things from works everyday, ambitious to go upwards from his established standard for his each stage onwards.

Does it make sense in the shorter sentence - it seems very hard to read and understand to me! How can I fix it??

Thanks,
Lau

Khosro

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hi,

I want to say I learn new things from work everyday, and am also ambitious to go beyond from what I have established at every stages challenges come towards me,

Learns new things from works everyday, ambitious to go upwards from his established standard for his each stage onwards.

Does it make sense in the shorter sentence - it seems very hard to read and understand to me! How can I fix it??

Thanks,
Lau

I dont understand what you mean in the bold part of your first sentence. What is the relationship between the bold part and the rest of the sentence? Would you please write the first sentence again.

And what is "onward" at the end of your second sentence? If you say what you meant by these two sentences then we can discuss about "upwards" , "onwards" and "beyond" and some other grammar points.

iamtime

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
UK
I dont understand what you mean in the bold part of your first sentence. What is the relationship between the bold part and the rest of the sentence? Would you please write the first sentence again.

And what is "onward" at the end of your second sentence? If you say what you meant by these two sentences then we can discuss about "upwards" , "onwards" and "beyond" and some other grammar points.

Thanks, Khosro! sorry that my English is really a mess!

I want to say I learn new things from work everyday, and am also ambitious to go beyond from what I have achieved/ established. But I want to use upwards and onwards in the sentence below,

onwards - I want to use it to say any thing/ challenges that will in the future.
upwards - I want to use it to say I want to go beyond whatever I have already achieved/ established, like the standard of my work, etc.

Does it make sense better now? :oops:

Coolfootluke

Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi,

Thanks,
Lau
I am not a teacher.

It looks like you are writing a line about your strengths for your resume. It seems you want it to be in the third person ("he" instead of "I"), and you want it telegraphic. Keeping as much as possible:

Learns new things from work every day. Strives to exceed his established standard at each stage moving onwards.

iamtime

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
UK
Thank you so much, Coolfootluke! It sounds so much better in English now:oops:

It was meant to put it on my website, the CV/ Bio section! :)

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.