Student or Learner
Are the following sentences natural to a native ear?
1. Until two three years ago, our team had people mainly from the local area, so if they saw a new face around, they would ask what are you doing here.
2. If you were to drive down there, you would think that it was a specialized complex, but it is not.
3. If you do that you will be deemed disqualified from the competition.
The words underlined were the words I was not sure of and wanted to get the teachers' attention to.
1. In the first sentence, though the sentence describes a past thing, I have used 'are' in the last part. Is that acceptable?
2. In the second sentence, I have used 'was' and 'is' in the same sentence. Is that okay?
Yes to both.