Student or Learner
I'm a newbie here. Could you please check if the following sentences are well written? Any advice on how to improve my writing will be very much appreciated.
1) Seating arrangements should be decided depending on the size of the class and the type of activities the students will be engaged in.
2) Pairwork will give students a chance to practice the target language structures and build up their confidence without having to perform in front of the whole class - this may prove to be particularly useful with shy students.
3) During pairwork and group activities teachers should monitor the groups (?) and make notes on the board of those mistakes whose correction students would benefit the most from (? not sure this is well written).
4) Language grading is particularly important, especially at lower levels. Teachers should avoid complex structures and idiomatic language.
5) It's important that instructions be broken down to avoid burdening the students' memory. The instructions to a task should be given only after the previous task has been completed.
6) Teachers should plan their boardwork carefully. A section of the board may be dedicated to specific activities, such as writing down all new vocabulary. Joined up writing should be avoided as it is more difficult to understand.
7) Early finishers shouldn't be left waiting too long. Teachers should either provide them with extra material or interrupt a task that is taking some students too long.
One more request to the native speaker teachers on the board. Do you agree with what I've written? I've decided to enrol on a CELTA course starting next October and I'm going through some of the books on the suggested reading list. As a non-native I'm going to have to work twice as hard I'd REALLY appreciate your advice!