Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
[FONT=맑은 고딕]Dear MJ, .[/FONT]
[FONT=맑은 고딕]How is your business trip going on?[/FONT]
[FONT=맑은 고딕]I’m writing to get your approval for product training courses in 2011. We’ll cover new products in this class.[/FONT]
l [FONT=맑은 고딕]Objectives [/FONT]
[FONT=맑은 고딕] - To be better prepared to sell our products [/FONT]
[FONT=맑은 고딕] - To improve their sales skills and present health information related to our products.[/FONT]
[FONT=맑은 고딕][/FONT]
[FONT=맑은 고딕]Please contact me if you have any questions.[/FONT]
[FONT=맑은 고딕]Thank you.[/FONT]
[FONT=맑은 고딕] [/FONT]
[FONT=맑은 고딕]Yours sincerely,[/FONT]
[FONT=맑은 고딕]Carrie, Lee[/FONT]

TeacherHeather

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi there! It's late at night, but I am new to the forum and thought I could help you out a little bit!

It is mostly properly written. There are a few errors.

1. Dear MJ (if MJ is someone's initials, it should be punctuated as M.J.) Otherwise, you have a comma and a period after "Dear MJ." All you need is a comma unless this is a formal letter to a superior or a stranger, such as a boss or a person who interviewed you for a job. If it is a formal letter, it's best to follow your greeting with a colon and not a comma.

2. Regarding, "How is your business trip going on?" You don't need to say "going on" because "going" is already in present continuous form. Since the person's business trip is in process, it's simply said as, "How is your business trip going?" Similarly, this rule applies to the following sentences, as long as both the school year and the project are still continuing at the time the sentence is written. "How is your school year going?" or "How is your project going?"

3. When you write, "To improve their sales skills..." you need to be more clear to whom you're referring by using the pronoun "their." I imagine "their" refers to sales representatives, but because you haven't mentioned sales representatives before, using a pronoun without an antecedent is very confusing for the reader.

4. "Sincerely," is considered to be an appropriate closing at the end of a letter. It's no longer necessary to say "Sincerely yours," or "Yours sincerely."

5. Your closing, thus, should look like this:

Sincerely,

Carrie Lee

(I am not sure why you placed a comma in between Carrie and Lee?)

I hope this helps!

Heather

Gyelim

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
I really appreciate you taking care of this so quickly.

Sleep tight.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.