Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
UK
Is there anyone who can give me an idea, a topic, to be discussed in a thesis for the MA Applied Linguistics and TESOL?
Best Regards

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
What are you interested in?

sssssss

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
UK
What are you interested in?
im interested in teaching and linguistics,is there any one who can help me to find a topic for my dissertation MA TESOL?
thanks

Last edited:

koolgirl

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Hello ,
i am doing Masters In Tesol from London Teacher Training College firstly i have to complete my graduate diploma in which i have been given 4 modules ,currently i am working on the first one and i have two make to make two assignments from it ,
so can anyone please help me out how should i write an essay on appropriateness ,like i know how to write an essay but this one needs to be in advance form so ur help will be higly appreciated,

Thanks

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Hello ,
[STRIKE]i [/STRIKE] I am doing a Masters In Tesol from London Teacher Training College. [STRIKE]f[/STRIKE] Firstly [STRIKE]i[/STRIKE] I have to complete my graduate diploma, in which [STRIKE]i[/STRIKE] I have been given 4 modules,. [STRIKE]c[/STRIKE] Currently [STRIKE]i[/STRIKE] I am working on the first one, and [STRIKE]i[/STRIKE] I have t[STRIKE]w[/STRIKE]o make to make two assignments from it... ,
The first thing to do is try to present your written English without too many basic errors.

As this is an assignment on a Master's course, it would not be apropriate for us to help you.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
[STRIKE]i[/STRIKE]I'm interested in teaching and linguistics,; is there any one who can help me to find a topic for my dissertation MA TESOL?
thanks
As the dissertation is a vital part of your path towards an MA, it would be a good idea to identify some specific areas of teaching and linguistics that interest you personally. It is very difficult for outsiders to know what these areas might be. You could also discuss this with your lecturers/tutors/supervisor(s). They know you, and also know what general topics have been considered in your course.

freezeframe

Key Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
O tempora! O mores!

Asking complete strangers on the internet for a topic for your graduate work is an interesting approach to scholarship.

This is something you should be discussing with your advisor.

koolgirl

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Thanks for your help,but i am just asking for an idea as i am not getting it.

KJM85

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Dutch
Home Country
Curacao
Current Location
Netherlands
Hi koolgirl and maji10,

I am currently doing my Master thesis about English written by non-native speakers (so English as a lingua franca). I asked Dutch people to write a text and I want to know how native English speakers perceive the text and the author. I thought it was interesting because so many people speak (fluent) English but everyone whose mother tongue isn't English, tend to still rely on the knowledge of their first language...

I hope I helped you one way or the other.

konungursvia

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Re: O tempora! O mores!

Asking complete strangers on the internet for a topic for your graduate work is an interesting approach to scholarship.

This is something you should be discussing with your advisor.

I agree. It should rather reflect your personal interests, and the area of your adviser. Asking us is like giving us the choice of whom you marry.

Status
Not open for further replies.