Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
036.011 Thou canst but admonish such a oneas follows the Message and fears the (Lord) Most Gracious, unseen: give such a one, therefore, good tidings, of Forgiveness and a Reward most generous.
036.075 They have not the power to help them: but they will be brought up (before Our Judgment-seat) as a troop (to be condemned).
036.077 Doth not man see that it is We Who created him from sperm? yet behold! he (stands forth) as an open adversary!

:?::?::?:
How can you recognise the word as whether its avderb, pronoun or conjunction? thank you very much

Last edited:

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
How have you tried to analyse these examples yourself?

eagleye

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
yup! as here is an adverb not pronoun or conjunction but the problem i need the reason. for me its nt conjunction because after as Np noun phrase not clasue and its common snese conjunction joint two clauses . if you can show me why as in this context adverb i will be thankful for you. thanks and best regards
:-?

Khosro

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
please edit your last post! Then we can discuss it.

Soup

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
China
if you can show me why as in this context adverb i will be thankful for you.
If you can replace as with a pronoun, then it functions as a pronoun; e.g., one who/that follows the Message; if you can replace as with the preposition like, then it functions as an adverb; e.g., brought up like a troop; stands forth like an open adversary!; if you can make sentences out of the words that come before and after as, then as functions as a conjunction; e.g., He is good as gold (is good). The sentences are He is good and Gold is good.

KJM85

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Dutch
Home Country
Curacao
Current Location
Netherlands
Status
Not open for further replies.