What does "do an advice of evidence" mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

on the way

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
In episode 2 of "Silk" ,a British Tv series,Martha,a barrister, is having a conversation with her new pupil ,Nick,who has been caught stealing an expensive bottle of champagne in a bar some time earlier by another barrister Clive who already dislikes Nick very much.The following is a part of their conversation.
-Erm, go through the unused for me. If there's anything there, I'll need to know by tomorrow morning.(Martha)
-I need to do an advice of evidence. (Nick, as a sort of seeking help )
-Who for?(Martha)
(Then Nick has a quick glance at Clive not very far away from them in a room as an answer to Martha's question.)
-Life at the Bar, Nick. Don't sleep, live on your nerves, never say no.(Martha)

So what does "an advice of evidence" mean here?
Any help will be much appreciated.
It's 15:41 when this expression in the subtitle appeared .In case anyone might ask about it.
Thank you all again.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
on the way, you have asked several questions about this series. Note that many native speakers would not know the answers to some of these. As people watch the series, they regard this sort of thing as lawyer's jargon, providing an air of authenticity without having to be understood. I hope someone else can answer this one for you; I can't.

on the way

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
on the way, you have asked several questions about this series. Note that many native speakers would not know the answers to some of these. As people watch the series, they regard this sort of thing as lawyer's jargon, providing an air of authenticity without having to be understood. I hope someone else can answer this one for you; I can't.
Thank you fivejedjon for responding my question although you didn't actually answered my question.To be honest,I have been commissioned with the task of translating the subtitles of this Tv series,and there isn't any payment invovled as is the common practice in china when it comes to the translation of subtitles of foreign movies or Tv series,althought I'm not quite sure if those who organize those translation project gain some profit from it. So I ask all those questions not just for me but also on behale of many many Chinese people who are eager to watch some well-produced ,high-quality movies or TV series like this one but who for the most part lack the proper English proficiency to enjoy these shows without the Chinese subtiles people like me have been working on.
In a word ,the only assurance or confidence that has been keeping me doing what I'm doing is the awareness that you will be there for me whenever I need a hand.Thank you all .Thank you all again who helped me and who will help me and who has been keeping helping me here at this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.