Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
What's the meaning of "fed" in the following? Is it boost or satisfy or cause?

ex)It is a question we'd all like answered: Is there life after death? In November of 2009 I was pronounced clinically dead. But the diagnosis was correct only up to a point. My experience fed a curiosity to know how "normal" such experiences are.....

JMurray

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
New Zealand
Current Location
Australia
ex)It is a question we'd all like answered: Is there life after death? In November of 2009 I was pronounced clinically dead. But the diagnosis was correct only up to a point. My experience fed a curiosity to know how "normal" such experiences are....

keannu.
– "boost" is closest among your suggestions, in the sense of adding motivation and incentive. Many things can be similarly fed by circumstances – rage, hope, preoccupation, bitterness, desire etc

not a teacher

keannu

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
ex)It is a question we'd all like answered: Is there life after death? In November of 2009 I was pronounced clinically dead. But the diagnosis was correct only up to a point. My experience fed a curiosity to know how "normal" such experiences are.....

keannu.
– "boost" is closest among your suggestions, in the sense of adding motivation and incentive. Many things can be similarly fed by circumstances – rage, hope, preoccupation, bitterness, desire etc

not a teacher

Thanks a lot, it was not in the dictionary, but you confirmed it. You help so far have been helpful, I appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.