I am not a teacher.
Good afternoon everyone!
I have a homework to send to my grammar professor by tomorrow!
I've already finished it, just wanted to be sure about my answers specially the "think" verb..
I'll be waiting for your answers guys :D
Here's my answers...
1. We ate lunch around 2 p.m. yesterday.
2. I may apply for a job at Best Buy in Victoria Mall.
Intransitive. You are not applying anything.
3. I am anxious to finish the research project.
Neither. "To finish" is an infinitive.
4. The ducks were swimming in the pond during our picnic.
5. The weather has been hot and dry all summer.
"To be" is not always transitive, but it is here.
6. I went to the beach on Tuesday afternoon and played volleyball.
7. I can finish that essay exam before I go to the movies.
8. I should bake the cake for Momís birthday.
9. We have been ill all weekend.
10. The dogs tore open the trash bags and messed up the house.
"Tore" is the verb; "open" is an adverb.
11. John thinks about moving to Alaska every day.
12. The truck driver honks his horn when vehicles swerve into his path.
13. James is a nice person.
14. The new cat could be a calico.
15. We have been waiting for twenty minutes in the dentistís office.
thank you all!
And y'all are welcome.
Student or Learner