Would you please take a glance at the paragraph?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ever Student

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
I would appreciate your help to edit the passage below.

Positive Thinking

Positive thinking contains a huge number of letters are continuously posted by one to a mailbox from which a postman takes finally those letters and delivers his addresses.

Positive thinking is open to the bright ways that each way is also open to each door at which one is knocking.

A hardworking one with positive thinking tries not enter a frustrating idea inside that stops him achieving to his goal. It really works out and without doubt having got a trivial positive thinking does show its effect. Try it out!

Ever Student

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
I would appreciate your help to edit the passage below.

Positive Thinking

Positive thinking contains a huge number of letters are continuously posted by one to a mailbox from which a postman takes finally those letters and delivers his addresses.

Positive thinking is open to the bright ways that each way is also open to each door at which one is knocking.

A hardworking one with positive thinking tries not enter a frustrating idea inside that stops him achieving to his goal. It really works out and without doubt having got a trivial positive thinking does show its effect. Try it out!

would you please read and edit my passage?

JMurray

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
New Zealand
Current Location
Australia
Ever Student.
Your sentences are difficult to understand and I'm sorry that I can't see what you mean by the second one. However, I have tried to turn the others into correct English for you.

Positive thinking is like a huge number of letters that are continually posted by one to a mailbox, from which a postman finally takes those letters and delivers them to the right addresses.

A hardworking person with positive thinking tries to avoid having frustrating ideas that stop him achieving his goal. This can really work out and without doubt a little positive thinking does have an effect. Try it!

Ever Student

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Ever Student.
Your sentences are difficult to understand and I'm sorry that I can't see what you mean by the second one. However, I have tried to turn the others into correct English for you.

Positive thinking is like a huge number of letters that are continually posted by one to a mailbox, from which a postman finally takes those letters and delivers them to the right addresses.

A hardworking person with positive thinking tries to avoid having frustrating ideas that stop him achieving his goal. This can really work out and without doubt a little positive thinking does have an effect. Try it!
Dear J Murry,
Many thanks for your editing; I learned a lot.
Sorry if the passage cannot convey its message. It is describing "a positive thinking" as a "letter posted frequently" role. If someone thinks positively and makes effort he definitely will archive his goals.
Hope it can help
Best regards,

Last edited:

JMurray

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
New Zealand
Current Location
Australia
Ever Student.
This is the sentence that does not make sense.
If you write down the idea in a different way I will come back and try to improve it for you.

Ever Student

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Ever Student.
This is the sentence that does not make sense.
If you write down the idea in a different way I will come back and try to improve it for you.
Hello,

Please let me rewrite the above sentence;

positive thinking opens the bright ways and each way meets the right address. Does it make sense?

JMurray

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
New Zealand
Current Location
Australia
positive thinking opens the bright ways and each way meets the right address. Does it make sense?

ES.
I find it difficult to continue your "letters" and "address" theme, perhaps I haven't understood it properly. I'll try to interpret it in a way that makes sense to you. How about:

Positive thinking opens up clear and bright paths that all lead to the desired result.

Ever Student

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran

ES.
I find it difficult to continue your "letters" and "address" theme, perhaps I haven't understood it properly. I'll try to interpret it in a way that makes sense to you. How about:

Positive thinking opens up clear and bright paths that all lead to the desired result.
Thank you,
Your revision helps me.
"letters" are positive thinking and "address" is the desired goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.