[Essay] Are parents the best teacher in your life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tangbinh

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Topic​
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents are the best teachers. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
Essay​
There has appeared endless debate on who are the best teachers in one’s life. Many people propose that the most important teachers are none other than parents. Personally, I absolutely agree with that proposal. Certain reasons will be deeply demonstrated in this piece of writing.
First and foremost, what convinces me is the living skills learnt from parents. It is clearly seen that parents teach their babies how to take the first steps and how to speak the initial words in early infanthood, which no teachers else can take place. When they grow up, children are equipped with basic manners accepted in society. Can a teacher without love and patience pass down their knowledge to us about what is the right thing to do in life? Needless to say, parents play an essential part in enhancing their children’s living skills.
Second of all, the wisest teaching method hold no less important role in developing a person’s behavior. There is no teacher understanding both our merits and demerits in details like our parents; therefore, they know how to encourage us in a special way. For example, if a child face oppression or frustration in school, they always don’t talk to his teachers. At that time, parents can be a confidant and give him valuable advice to stimulate his effort. Undoubtedly, parents are the best teacher for children in their lifestyles.
Lastly, parents are certain to teach their children forever and ever without reservation. It is apparent that whenever you need advice there is always likelihood of getting them from your parents. They are willing to share their knowledge and experiences about everything even though are not paid any tuition for help in all their life. Indeed, parents are the most respectable and generous teachers in each one’s life.
In summary, not only useful living skills, sage teaching method but also honorable qualities are convincing reasons to agree that parents are the best teacher in one’s life. I strongly recommend that each person should take my explanation into consideration to have better behavior with our parents.

Please check it for me. Thank you for your look!:-D

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Topic​
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents are the best teachers. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
Essay​
There has appeared endless debate on who are the best teachers in one’s life. Many people propose that the most important teachers are none other than parents. Personally, I absolutely agree with that proposal. Certain reasons will be [STRIKE]deeply [/STRIKE]demonstrated in this piece of writing.

First and foremost, what convinces me is the living skills learnt from parents. It is clearly seen that parents teach their babies how to take the first steps and how to speak the initial words in early infanthood, which no teachers else can take place.
Is it? I think it's far from clear that parents teach a baby to walk. Most of this is biological development. A teacher could model walking. The clause in red doesn't make sense grammatically. Do you mean that a teacher couldn't teach a baby to talk? Nannies certainly have in the past.

When they grow up, children are equipped with basic manners accepted in society. Can a teacher without love and patience pass down their knowledge to us about what is the right thing to do in life? [No, but with love and patience, teachers can often teach things that parents are clueless about. You only need very basic social skills to become a parent.] Needless to say, parents play an essential part in enhancing their children’s living skills.

Second of all, the wisest teaching methods hold no less important role in developing a person’s behavior. There is no teacher understanding both our merits and demerits in details like our parents [same argument as above]; therefore, they know how to encourage us in a special way. For example, if a child faces oppression or frustration in school, they don’t always talk to his teachers. [DO you understand the difference between "always don't talk" and "don't always talk"?]

At that time, parents can be a confidante and give him valuable advice to stimulate his effort. [as above] Undoubtedly, parents are the best teachers for children in their lifestyles.

Lastly, parents are certain to teach their children forever and ever without reservation. [No, this is demonstrably not certain at all, on several counts.]

It is apparent that whenever you need advice there is always a likelihood of getting [STRIKE]them [/STRIKE] it from your parents.
[This is a much more rational sentence - using such a word as "likelihood" rather than "certainty". However, you've spoilt it by using "always".]

They are willing to share their knowledge and experiences about everything even though are not paid any tuition for help in all their life. [as above] Indeed, parents are the most respectable and generous teachers in each one’s life.[as above]

In summary, not only useful living skills, sage teaching method but also honorable qualities are convincing reasons to agree that parents are the best teacher in one’s life. I strongly recommend that each person should take my explanation into consideration to have better behavior with our parents. Sorry, I don't understand what you're recommending here. Do you mean, "I strongly recommend that you think I'm right"?

Please check it for me. Thank you for your look!:-D
One of the most common logical errors in essays of this type is thinking that by using extreme words like 'always', 'never', 'certain', one is strengthening one's case. This isn't true.
Words like "usually", "more often", "more likely" do the job just as well without causing a demonstrably incorrect assertion.

Your grammar, vocabulary and phrasing are quite good. Your logic might even be acceptable if it were not so hyperbolically embellished.

tangbinh

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Dear Nannies,

Thanks for your check. I've just recognized that I used too many extreme words like "always". I'll notice this defect on my next essays.
I hope you'll have more positive comments about my essays.;-)

Be well,
Binh

Status
Not open for further replies.