Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
Canada
Hey, friends,

Which one of the following is correct?

Explanation Of Lack Of/Being Lack in Notarized Copy Of Senior Middle School Graduation Certificate And Transcripts

By the way, the above sentence is kind of weird because of is used for many times. Could you please make that sentence more reasonable?

Thank you very much!

BobK

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
It would help if you said what meaning you thought it was trying to convey. I can't make head or tail of it.

b

freezeframe

Key Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Hey, friends,

Which one of the following is correct?

Explanation Of Lack Of/Being Lack in Notarized Copy Of Senior Middle School Graduation Certificate And Transcripts

By the way, the above sentence is kind of weird because of is used for many times. Could you please make that sentence more reasonable?

Thank you very much!

If this is for a college application or something like that:

Reason for the absence of a notarized copy of high school graduation certificate and transcripts.

Note: high school is an American term; don't know what the Brits call it.

Edit: actually, here you'd write "high school diploma and transcripts".

wang.cupid

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
Canada
Actually I am trying to submit my visa application, whose checklist says "A notarized copy of applicant’s Senior Middle School Graduation Certificate and Transcripts with the chop of the school’s Registrar’s Office".

Here, does Senior Middle School mean Senior High School in Canada? Also, are Graduation Certificate and diploma exchangeable?

Thank you!

freezeframe

Key Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Actually I am trying to submit my visa application, whose checklist says "A notarized copy of applicant’s Senior Middle School Graduation Certificate and Transcripts with the chop of the school’s Registrar’s Office".

Here, does Senior Middle School mean Senior High School in Canada? Also, are Graduation Certificate and diploma exchangeable?

Thank you!

If it's for visa, use their terminology.

Use "Reason for the absence of a notarized copy of the Senior Middle School Graduation Certificate and Transcripts"

wang.cupid

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
Canada
If it's for visa, use their terminology.

Use "Reason for the absence of a notarized copy of the Senior Middle School Graduation Certificate and Transcripts"

Thank you very much, freezeframe.

BobK

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I agree that FF's seems to be the sense. It would at least make sense if the second 'lack' read 'lacking'. Perhpas it was written by some misguided person who shied away from two -ing words next to each other! ;-)

The American English 'high school' might be rendered in Br English as 'secondary school' or just 'school'. Some British secondary schools have 'High School' in their name, but it is not a widely understood classification today. (Maybe it was when they were named :?:...)

b

wang.cupid

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
Canada
Does it really say this? Does 'chop' mean anything to US or Canadian readers? In British English I'd guess it meant 'official stamp'.

b

Well, I just copied and pasted that sentence.

riquecohen

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
Brazil
Does it really say this? Does 'chop' mean anything to US or Canadian readers? In British English I'd guess it meant 'official stamp'.

b
Raised seal? That's just a guess.

freezeframe

Key Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada

b

It doesn't mean anything to me, except a delicious piece of meat, I guess. I assumed it meant seal or something like that from context.

Status
Not open for further replies.