Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
this is correct or not.
if error please correct it

Aspiring for a job that will enable me to use my technical skills that I could play the best part in the growth of the concern there by enriching myself.

:)

Allen165

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Switzerland
this is correct or not.
if error please correct it

Aspiring for a job that will enable me to use my technical skills that I could play the best part in the growth of the concern there by enriching myself.

:)

NOT A TEACHER.

Your sentence doesn't make much sense to me, especially the second half of the sentence. What do you mean by "concern"? Are you referring to a business enterprise?

Kazaman

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
{I am not a teacher.)

"I want a job that will enable me to use my technical skills and where I could play an important role in the growth of the [I don't know what you mean by concern], thereby enriching myself."

Aspiring is in the gerundive (nominal verb, a verb which is like a noun), which isn't correct because it takes away the all important subject from this very fine sentence. You could have written "I'm aspiring to have a job," but "I want a job" is much more concise.

The next little bit of the sentence was perfect, until after "skills." I had to do a bit of guesswork to fix the last half, but I think I did a fairly good job. There is the matter of "concern." I couldn't figure out what you meant by that. Could you explain it in other terms?

freezeframe

Key Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
{I am not a teacher.)

"I want a job that will enable me to use my technical skills and where I could play an important role in the growth of the [I don't know what you mean by concern], thereby enriching myself."

Aspiring is in the gerundive (nominal verb, a verb which is like a noun), which isn't correct because it takes away the all important subject from this very fine sentence. You could have written "I'm aspiring to have a job," but "I want a job" is much more concise.

The next little bit of the sentence was perfect, until after "skills." I had to do a bit of guesswork to fix the last half, but I think I did a fairly good job. There is the matter of "concern." I couldn't figure out what you meant by that. Could you explain it in other terms?

A general comment on this:

If your sentence is for a resume objective (it sounds like that to me, I could be wrong), you should not begin with "I want a job... "

You should start with something like "Obtain a position that will enable me to ... "

Kazaman

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
A general comment on this:

If your sentence is for a resume objective (it sounds like that to me, I could be wrong), you should not begin with "I want a job... "

You should start with something like "Obtain a position that will enable me to ... "

True. I had sort of assumed that he was using it in a casual setting.

SoothingDave

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
If this is an objective for a resume/CV, looking to land a job, then I would not say that I was looking to "enrich myself." Sounds like you are in it for you, and not for the company.

You could say that you are interested in continuously improving yourself. But not "enrich."

riquecohen

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
Brazil
Last edited by a moderator:

mariraj

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Resume objective

i am mca fresher i need resume objective so please anyone suggest for that.i should put in resume today.:cry:

freezeframe

Key Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Re: Resume objective

i am mca fresher i need resume objective so please anyone suggest for that.i should put in resume today.:cry:

1. I have no idea what your objective is. 2. I don't know where you're applying for the job 3. you're the one applying for the job, not me.

I'm sure someone would be happy to correct your English if you write your own objective.

mariraj

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
correct my objective

this is correct or not

[FONT=&quot]Aspiring for a job that will enable me to use my technical skills that I could play the best part in the growth of the concern there by enriching myself.[/FONT]

if above sentence have error,please tell me the correct sentence:)

mariraj

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Re: Resume objective

[FONT=&quot]this is my objective if error this sentence please correct it

Aspiring for a job that will enable me to use my technical skills that I could play the best part in the growth of the concern there by enriching myself.[/FONT]

freezeframe

Key Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
There are now THREE of this same post. They're multiplying!

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I've merged the three threads. Keep your future questions regarding your resume objective in this thread, please, instead of starting another.

I have also moved it to the appropriate portion of the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.