[Grammar] "With" or "From" preposition confusion here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe333

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
Sri Lanka
Current Location
Spain
Sentence: Do the rules of my country permit international payment with/from PayPal account?

My question: Which preposition would be grammatically correct to use in the sentence? With or from?

*I'm pretty confused. First I intuitively selected "from". But on proofread I feel it could be "with" also. On further researching the use and meaning of both these prepositions, my inclination for "with" has increased. However, I'm still not 100 % sure. Can any teacher tell me what preposition should come there?

Thanks and regards. :)

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
I'd say 'Do the rules of my country permit international payment by PayPal?

Rover

freezeframe

Key Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Sentence: Do the rules of my country permit international payment with/from PayPal account?

My question: Which preposition would be grammatically correct to use in the sentence? With or from?

*I'm pretty confused. First I intuitively selected "from". But on proofread I feel it could be "with" also. On further researching the use and meaning of both these prepositions, my inclination for "with" has increased. However, I'm still not 100 % sure. Can any teacher tell me what preposition should come there?

Thanks and regards. :)

Small but important comment: "payment from a PayPal account"

Status
Not open for further replies.