Interested in Language
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Colombia
Current Location
Colombia
Hi people, what's up!

I'm new in the forum, i'm sebastian, from Medellin, Colombia, 17 years old... and i'm very interested in languages learning!

Actually i'm studying english language in autodidact way. :up:

I really love it!... but, it isn't the matter.

So, i wanna know if the Schwa sounds equal in all words that contain it, i say, supply, support, apartment, the (weak form), and so on.

It's a sound that really is gettin' me crazy but i'll get it :cool:

And that's all, thanks in advance, and sorry for dorky mistakes, i'm learning! :shock::shock:

Greetings from Colombia!!

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Hi people, what's up!

I'm new in the forum, i'm sebastian, from Medellin, Colombia, 17 years old... and i'm very interested in languages learning!

I really love it!... but, that isn't the matter.

So, i [STRIKE]wanna [/STRIKE] want to know if the Schwa sounds equal in all words that contain it, i say, supply, support, apartment, the (weak form), and so on.

It's a sound that really is getting me crazy but i'll get it :cool:

And that's all, thanks in advance, and sorry for dorky mistakes, i'm learning! :shock::shock:

Hello,
Yes, schwa sounds the same in all those words, and pretty much the same everywhere.
You will progress better if you try to use proper English - it's expected here. I'm not referring to mistakes - everyone makes them. You need to capitalise 'I', 'English', etc.
/wanna/, if you've decided to pronounce it this way, is still written "want to". /gettin'/ is written "getting" in proper English.
You'll see all sorts of weird inventions on the 'net. Only some of them are English.

MrSchossow

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Colombia
Current Location
Colombia
Hello,
Yes, schwa sounds the same in all those words, and pretty much the same everywhere.
You will progress better if you try to use proper English - it's expected here. I'm not referring to mistakes - everyone makes them. You need to capitalise 'I', 'English', etc.
/wanna/, if you've decided to pronounce it this way, is still written "want to". /gettin'/ is written "getting" in proper English.
You'll see all sorts of weird inventions on the 'net. Only some of them are English.

Thanks a lot! and sorry for those informal terms :)

Learner91

Banned
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Latin
Home Country
Holy See
Current Location
Iceland
Hi people, what's up!

I really love it!... but, it isn't the matter.

So, i wanna know if the Schwa sounds equal in all words that contain it, i say, supply, support, apartment, the (weak form), and so on.

It's a sound that really is gettin' me crazy but i'll get it :cool:

been readin dic since couple days ago..it's PRETTY FUN!

Status
Not open for further replies.