• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Italian
      • Home Country:
      • Italy
      • Current Location:
      • Italy

Could help me please with these words?

I had to do an exercise, that is, filling each blank with one suitable word. The words I wrote in bold types are those I had put in it, those in italic types are the only ones the book suggested as correct.
    Do you think, teachers and native, my words, that is those in bold types, are not possible in this article?

This animal is now concentrated in Alaska and Canada where it is being treated (killed/hunted) in a way that threatens to die (wipe)it out entirely, according to the Environmental Investigation Agency. They say the British Columbia Government looks after (on) grizzlies as a legitimate hunting quarry, despite their not having a perfect (clear/detailed) knowledge of how many there are in the province.This may be folly in the extreme as there is a danger that some (the) species may be dying out faster than it can reproduce.

Thanks so much for your explanation.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Italian
      • Home Country:
      • Italy
      • Current Location:
      • Italy

Re: Could help me please with these words?

I had to do an exercise, that is, filling each blank with one suitable word. The words I wrote in bold types are those I had put in it, those in italic types are the only ones the book suggested as correct.
    Do you think, teachers and native, my words, that is those in bold types, are not possible in this article?

This animal is now concentrated in Alaska and Canada where it is being treated (killed/hunted) in a way that threatens to die (wipe)it out entirely, according to the Environmental Investigation Agency. They say the British Columbia Government looks after (on) grizzlies as a legitimate hunting quarry, despite their not having a perfect (clear/detailed) knowledge of how many there are in the province.This may be folly in the extreme as there is a danger that some (the) species may be dying out faster than it can reproduce.

Thanks so much for your explanation.