Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Algeria
Current Location
Algeria
Hello,

What does it mean when we say “language planning”?

And: How can any religion influence the language?? In other words: What is the impact of religion on language?

I will really appreciate your help.:oops:

Thank you in advance.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
What are your thoughts on this?

yousrati

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Algeria
Current Location
Algeria
Well, what I knew is that:

The language planning is the way that language is influenced by some means; this later can be for example Religion.

So that religion has got a great impact on the person’s speech and manners of talking, but the question is how?! How can religion has this big influence on our language?

For example: according to what I had understand, we say “God bless you” , because we are influenced by our religion; this expressions and others can show that we have a good language class ( an stylish way of talking (Tact in the modern).

This is what I had understood, if anyone can explicate for me or add some information I will be grateful.:oops:

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
You're starting with the assumption that it does have a big impact- you should test this first. Is it true of all/many languages? Is the influence linguistic or cultural?

yousrati

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Algeria
Current Location
Algeria
For your first question Sir, Is it true of all/many languages? Normally yes.
And for the second :Is the influence linguistic or cultural? I am talking about the linguistics influence.
To be more explicit , if the religion has a certain impact on us as human it will, certainly lead us and learn us how to choose our speech and expression, and preventing us from saying bad things, am I right ?! :-?

Status
Not open for further replies.