Could you help me understand this paragraph?

Status
Not open for further replies.

caronmi

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
"Here are tips to help you find a perfect balance between work and the rest of your life....

Make some; either in your head, or physically around you. Somewhere to reflect, perhaps on your picture of balance, or enjoy a treat, or to dream.

....This will remind you of your commitment to having the balance between life and work that works for you, rather than against you."

It seems that some structures of the middle paragraph are omitted. I really cannot understand what the author means. Could you help me with them? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

freezeframe

Key Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
"Make some; either in your head, or physically around you. Somewhere to reflect, perhaps on your picture of balance, or enjoy a treat, or to dream."

It seems that some structures of these sentences are omitted. I really cannot understand what the author means. Could you help me with them? Thanks in advance.

What comes before this? Please quote full context not just selected sentences on their own.

caronmi

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
It is one of the tips, or suggestions. It is more like a list, stating each one of them in sequence. The previous one is "It is important to learn from what you do in order to get the balance right for you. And, to make changes based on what works and what doesn't. If you make a 'mistake', don't spend hours regretting it, spend minutes asking 'What have I learned?''How will I handle it next time?'. And then follows the paragraph I mentioned above. In general, the entire article is about striking a balance between work and life.

freezeframe

Key Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Ok. I googled your sentence and I got the document you're referring to. Your sentence is preceded by "Where is your space?". This would have been a great sentence to include, since it explains what "some" is.

caronmi

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Ok. I think I got it with your hint. I appreciate your efforts to stay up responding to questions as well as to bother to google mine for me.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.